Smile issues can have a significant impact on your life. In fact, even small flaws in your teeth may affect your confidence level when you're meeting new people or interviewing for your dream job. Fortunately, with the help of veneers, it's easy to conceal dental flaws and revitalize your appearance. Here at Village Dental of Wilsonville in Wilsonville, OR, your dentist, Dr. Yan Morrissey, offers veneers to give you your best smile—read on to learn more!
How veneers work
Veneers follow "the simpler the solution, the better" approach to improving your smile. The restorations are thin, tooth-shaped, porcelain shells that are attached to the fronts of your teeth with dental cement. Because veneers only cover the fronts surfaces of teeth, they don't require extensive dental work and require only two appointments to apply.
During the first appointment, your dentist will remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel to ensure that your restorations will look natural and fit comfortably. She'll also make an impression of your mouth that will be used to create your restorations. You may leave the office with a temporary set of veneers, which you'll wear until the permanent restorations are ready.
In a week or two, you'll return to our Wilsonville dental office to receive your permanent veneers. After testing the fit, your dentist will make a few adjustments and then attach the veneers with dental cement, completing your smile makeover.
Who can benefit from veneers?
Veneers are incredibly versatile and offer a simple solution for many smile issues, including:
- Short teeth: General wear-and-tear and grinding can decrease the length of your teeth. Fortunately, thanks to veneers, it's easy to lengthen short teeth.
- Shape issues: Even one oddly shaped tooth can ruin the symmetry of your smile. Veneers are an excellent choice if you want to hide a crooked, twisted or pointed tooth.
- Physical imperfections: Veneers conceal uneven surfaces, cracks, chips and other flaws.
- Discolorations: Do you have one tooth that's darker than the others? After your dentist applies a veneer that matches the shade of nearby teeth, your smile will look perfectly uniform.
- Dull teeth: Applying veneers to all of your teeth offers an effective, long-term teeth whitening option. Veneers are incredibly stain-resistant and available in almost limitless shades of white.
Interested? Give us a call
Contact Dr. Yan Morrissey if you're ready to upgrade your appearance with porcelain veneers! To schedule an appointment at our Wilsonville office, dial (503) 582-8255 today.